- Few leftover Idlis (cut into 4 parts)
- 1 bid onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced capsicum
- 1 green chilly (sliced) optional
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi) optional
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- few curry leaves
- Garnish: Chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai. Add sarson seeds and curry leaves, when crackles, add sliced onion.
- Saute till onions become pinkish brown.
- Add cabbage,capsicum and carrot. Mix well and cook for 2-3 mins on high flame.
- Add all the dry masalas. Mix well
- Add idlis again mix nicely.
- Cook for 5-6 mins on low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with green pudina chutney or tomato ketchup.