- 1 kg raw mango
- 150 gms salt
- 250 ltr mustard oil
- 20 gm red chilly powder
- 20 gm mustard seeds
- 50 gm fennel seeds
- 50 gm onion seeds (kalonji)
- 50 gm fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp hing
- Wash the mangoes and keep them in dry place (overnight). Chop the mangoes into 8 pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadai till the aroma is strong, remove from the fire.
- When oil will be in lukewarm condition put it again on flame, add hing.
- Add all the dry masalas (except salt) and mix well.
- Remove from fire. Mix in the mango pieces and salt.
- When the mixture is cool, put it into sterilised jar and store.
- Keep it in sun for 5-6 days. Keep stirring in between with clean spoon.
- Mango pieces in the jar should be cover with the oil while in storage to prevent spoiling.
Enjoy the achaar with pranthas....