Ready with a new post Mushroom Pizza pockets or Cal zone ....Very easy and heavy snacks for Birthday parties or Kitty parties.....My son Hardik loved it ......Enjoy
- 1(1/2) cup maida
- 1 tsp. dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Oil to knead
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 3-4 flakes of garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup boiled corn kernel
- 1tsp oregano
- salt according to taste
- Chilly flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (I used cheese slice)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- To prepare a dough, dissolve dry yeast in 1/4 cup of hot water.Dissolve it completely and keep it aside.
- Mix all the ingredients of dough except oil.Keep it aside for 20-25 mins.(till it becomes double the volume)
- Grease your palm with oil again knead the dough nicely.Keep it aside for 20-30 mins.
- Prepare filling,heat oil in a pan,onion and crushed garlic.Saute till onions become golden brown in colour.
- Add tomatoes and bhuno nicely till oil separates.
- Add all the dry masala and mix well.
- Add yellow pepper,corn kernels and mushrooms.Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 mins. Cook till the water dries up.Keep the mixture aside for cooling. Divide the mixture into 8 portions.
- Now roll the dough into chappatis 6"inch in diameter.
- Put one portion of the filling in the center of the chappati.
- Fold each circle to form a semicircle.
- Seal the edge using a little water and press the edge with the help of a fork.
- Bake them in pre-heated oven for 40-45 mins or until they are evenly browned.(Keep checking in between)
- Remove from the baking tray.Cut into half with the help of pizza cutter.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup......
Note: You can deep fry them instead of baking ...but according to me baking is a good option .
Try with different fillings too like chicken mince, crumbled paneer, crumbled boiled egg etc.....
Please leave the comments below.....