- 1 cup yellow moong dal
- 1 cup white urad dal
- Salt according to taste
- A pinch of hing
- Oil for frying
- 2 cups thick yogurt (dahi)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp.roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. black salt
- A pinch of sugar
- A pinch of red chilly powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp. khatti mitti chutney (tamarind chutney)
- Few chopped coriander leaves
- Soak the dal for 2 hrs in water and keep aside.
- Grind it into a mixture, add hing and salt.
- Take out the mixture in a bowl, beat it nicely till it becomes fluffy. (softness of bhalle depends on the fluffiness of the batter)
- In a kadai heat oil for frying.
- Take small amount of the batter and pour it into hot oil.
- Deep fry till they become golden brown.
- Now dip bhalle into hot water for 15-20 mins.
- Squeeze excess amount of water and place them in the serving dish.
- Whisk the yogurt nicely, add milk and sugar.
- Pour the whisked curd on the bhallas.
- Sprinkle black salt, roasted cumin powder, red chilly powder and sweet tamarind chutney.
- Garnish with some chopped corainder leaves and Serve.