- 3 boiled potatoes
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 cup cabbage (chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (chopped)
- 4 big tomatoes (chopped finely)
- 3 big onions (chopped finely)
- 1 small capsicum (chopped finely)
- 3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Pao Bhaji masala
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Garnish: chopped coriander
- Mash boiled potatoes and keep it aside.
- Pressure cook all the chopped veggies (cauliflower, cabbage, carrot and peas).
- Heat oil in a kadai, add ginger-garlic paste.When it turns brown add onion and saute till they become golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and capsicum, mix well and cook till oil separates.
- Add all the dry masalas.
- Bhuno well.
- Put all veggies and potatoes, cook for a few minutes. Keep mashing in between.
- Mash well all the veggies and keep sprinkling water occasionally.
- Add butter and chopped coriander. Keep aside.
To serve: cut buns (pao) into halves. Heat tawa, put 1 tbsp of butter on it. Press the paos in the butter. Heat them till they are soft and brown.
Serve hot with bhaji, dotted with butter and chopped onion with lemon wedge.