4 bitter gourd(large)
1/2 tsp salt
2tsp fennel seeds (sauf),mustard seeds (sarson) and kalonji seeds
1/2 tsp green chilli chopped
salt to taste
1 tsp amchoor powder
1/2 tsp haldi
1 tsp corriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 medium chopped onion
A pinch of hing
- Scrap (dont throw the outer skin of the karela), wash and cut the karela from the middle and de-seed it
- Apply salt to karela, rub well and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Wash, pat dry .
- Heat oil in a pan, add sauf, kalonji, mustard seeds and hing. When it starts crackling add onion, bhuno till it becomes pinkish brown.
- Add all the dry masalas and outer skin of karela. Cook for 8-10 mins till the outer skin of karela is cooked.
- Remove from fire and divide in 4 equal parts. Fill each karela to full, tie karela with thread to retain stuffing from falling.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add karelas, cook till they become dark brown.
- Serve hot with moong ki daal and parantha....
Enjoy till next post.....