Sometimes you don't feel like making full meal including dal, roti, raita and rice...Biryani is a great solution to break your same old routine.
Biryani is the rice item which is cooked with lot of spices and veggies or chicken or egg.
Its is served with raita or curry dish. Most famous is the Hyderabadi biryani. ..Me love the biryani most so sharing my recipe with you all.
2 cups Basmati rice
4 green cardamoms
3 black cardamoms
1/2″ cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
1/2 tbsp oil
6 cups of water
6 hard boiled eggs, remove the shell and cut into halves
3 large onions (finely sliced)
2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
Few fresh coriander leaves
Few fresh pudina leaves
3 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp oil
3/4 cup beaten curd
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tbsp red chilly powder
1/2 tbsp garam masala
1/2 tbsp coriander pwd
salt acc.to taste
pinch of saffron soaked in Luke warm milk
Biryani Masala : I used SHAH BIRYANI MASALA.
- Cook rice in 6 cups of water along with bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, elaichi and oil till its half cooked. Strain the water and spread the rice on a large wide plate. Allow to cool.
- Heat oil in a vessel, add sliced onions, saute till caramelised (don't burn the onions just dark brown).Remove half of the caramelised onions and keep aside.
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chilies. Keep it aside.
- To the remaining half caramelised onions add ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add green paste and mix well. Saute for 4-5 mins.
- Add red chilly powder, coriander powder,salt, garam masala, biryani masala powder and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
- Add the yogurt and combine. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Remove from fire.
- Take a wide deep vessel to prepare the biryani. Add apply some oil all over, add half the rice as a first layer followed by the masala, place eggs on the masala and spread out in the vessel.
- Spread the remaining rice over the egg masala layer, pour 2 tbsp of ghee all over the rice, add the caramelised onions. Garnish coriander leaves and pour the saffron milk over the rice.
- Place lid and over the lid place a heavy weight.
- Place the iron tawa on the burner then keep the vessel on top of the tawa and cook biryani for 15 mins on low flame.
- Remove from fire. Don't remove the lid immediately.
- Just remove it before serving.
- Serve hot with mix vegetable raita.