Recently I went to Delhi (Dilli dil walo ki),famous for food joints.
Today my recipe is from Delhi ....Matar Kulcha.
I bought ready made kulchas from there and made matar at home.
- 1 cup white peas.
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- A pinch of hing
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp amchoor powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- Salt according to taste
- Lemon juice
- Wash,clean and soak peas overnight.
- Boil peas with salt and turmeric powder.Give one whistle then keep it on low flame for 20-25 mins.
- Heat oil in kadai and hing.
- Add onions and saute till golden pink.
- Add tomatoes and green chillies.
- Mix nicely and keep sauteing in between. Cook it for 5-6 mins.
- Add all the dry spices.
- Add boiled peas in the onion mixture, mix well.
- Keep on low flame till you get semi dry gravy.
- Sprinkle fresh coriander and lemon juice for garnishing.
- Grill kulchas in microwave or in non stick pan.
- Serve with onion lachha salad and green chutney.