- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 1/2 cup boiled sweet corn (optional)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 4 large tomatoes (blanched in hot water, remove the skin and chop finely )
- 6-7 flakes of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt according to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree or tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Few parsley or fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil 7-8 cups of water with salt and oil. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook on low heat till almost tender. Do not overcook. Remove from fire, drain the water. Add fresh cold water and strain. Keep it aside.
- Boil 5-6 cups of water with 1/4 tsp of salt. Remove from fire, add broccoli to the boiling water. Cover it and keep for 4-5 mins. After that drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil in kadai. Add garlic and onion, saute till onions become light brown.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper powder, sugar and tomato ketchup.Mix well.
- Now add broccoli and boiled corns, stir continuously.
- Add boiled pasta and mix well.
- Cook on low flame for 3-4 mins.
- Remove from fire.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley or coriander leaves.