All Time Favourite Chutney.....
- 200gms Tamarind (Imli)
- 300gms Jaggery (Gur) Crushed
- 2 tsp Roasted cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp Black salt
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- Add 5 cups of boiled water to tamarind, keep it aside for half an hour.
- Take out the pulp from the tamarind mixture in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the jaggery, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, black salt and dry ginger powder, mix well.
- Cook again on medium flame till jaggery dissolves completely and the chutney gets semi thick (not too thick)
- Chutney thickens more on cooling so check for consistency while cooking.