Fish, rich source of omega-3 fatty acids and proteins .....It should be included in your balanced diet.
Fish fry is the easiest recipe of making fish .....so try this easy and simple recipe for your family :-)
- 500 gm surmai fish
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tbsp besan
- Salt according to taste
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- Mustard oil for shallow frying
- Garnishing : lemon juice and chaat masala
- Apply 3 tbsp of wheat flour on fish for 5- 10 mins and then wash it off nicely under running water, this will minimise the smell of raw fish.
- Pat dry it with kitchen towel and keep it aside.
- Now mix all the ingredients of marination (except oil).
- Apply the mixture nicely on the both sides of the fish.
- Keep the marinated fish in the fridge for 4-5 hrs.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan, add marinated fish pieces in the pan.
- Shallow fry them from both the sides till golden brown in colour.
- Remove from fire, sprinkle some chaat masala and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with onion rings and pudina chutney.
- Enjoy in rainy season......
Note : Surmai fish has only 1 bone in the middle, so its easy to eat.