Tofu cooked along with vegetables, peanuts or cashew nuts. Its a substitute of paneer which is rich in protein and has low calorie count.
- 1 pack of tofu
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp broken cashew nuts
- 3-4 dried red chilies (broken into bits)
- 1 onion (cut into cubes)
- 1 capsicum (cut into cubes)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1" grated ginger
- 2 gloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 spring onion (finally chopped)
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour mix in 1/2 water
For the marination:
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine (if you don't have wine or you don't want to use any wine you can mix 2 tbsp of apple juice and 1 tbsp of vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- Wash and clean tofu with fresh water, pat dry it.
- Cut the chicken tofu into small cubes and marinate with the ingredients above for 1hr.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and keep it aside.
- Sprinkle little cornflour on tofu.... stir-fry the marinated tofu until its half cooked. Take them out and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadhai, add onions. Saute for few seconds.
- Add in the ginger and garlic. Then add dried red chilies.
- Add capsicum and cook on high heat for 1-2 mins.
- Add the roasted peanuts, stir for few mins.
- Add in the sauce and stir continuously. Bring a boil.
- Add cornflour mixture and keep stirring till gravy becomes thick.
- Add tofu pieces and mix gently.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or fried rice.
Sending this recipe to: