Hi Friends ....
Kala channa is highly rich in protein ....you can use channa to make salads, sprouts, in gravy or you can also use it to make chaat.
If you are vegetarian then you should kala channa ....as it substitutes non veg dishes.
We punjabis make channa once in a week and love to have it with boiled rice.
2 cups kala chana (black chickpea)
2 tbsp ghee
1 onion (paste)
2 tomatoes (paste)
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp red chilly powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp chicken masala or kitchen king (for vegetarians)
Salt acc.to taste
4 cups of water
Fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Wash and clean channa, soak them overnight.
- Pressure cook the chana in cooker. After two whistles keep channa on low flame for 30-35 mins.
- Now heat ghee in the pan. Add onion and ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook till onions turn golden brown.
- Add tomatoes. Mix well. Cook till oil separates.
- Add all the dry masalas. Mix nicely ....Stir for 1-2 mins.
- Add boiled kala chana, mix well. Bring it to boil.
- Add cloves and cinnamon (coarsely crushed with rolling pin)
- Simmer on low flame for 5-7 mins.
- Remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve it hot with boiled white rice .
Sending this recipe to: