Rain, Rain and Rain in Bangalore...... Feel like sipping something hot :)
Made Chicken Shorba last night, such a simple and easy recipe like making Maggi in 2 mins.....
So here is the recipe for you all .....Do try it !!
- 500 gm boneless chicken
- 7-8 cloves (Finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1/4 tsp White pepper powder
- Salt acc.to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces. Put them in a pressure cooker, add 4 cups of water.
- Close the lid and and give 2 whistles. Open the lid and cook on low flame till the water is reduced to two cups. Strain and keep it aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan and stir fry chicken pieces till tender.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add cumin seeds and chopped garlic.
- When they begin to change colour, add all purpose flour and cook for a minute stirring continuously to avoid lump formation.
- Add chicken stock, chicken pieces, white pepper powder and salt. Bring it to boil.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes on low flame, remove from fire.
- Serve hot.
Note: In case you don't like the chopped garlic in shorba, add garlic in pressure cooker while cooking the chicken and discard it later.