Kerala is the most beautiful place in India.... Known for its scenic beauty, backwaters, beaches and mountains.It is also known as Gods Own Country....
We visited so many places like Trivandrum, Kovalam Beach, Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey Backwaters. Loved each and every moments spend in Kerala.
Visited Kerala and not tasting seafood is not at all fair...... Their seafood whether gravy, fried or tandoori is just finger liking good. My today's recipe is from the state of Kerala.... Tandoori Pomfret :)
1 pomfret fish (300-350 gm)
Juice of half lemon
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 cup hung curd
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp mustard oil
2 tsp roasted besan (chickpea flour)
A pinch turmeric powder
- Clean, trim fins and tail. Wash nicely under running water. Keep aside. Pat dry and make incisions 3-4 on each sides.
- Mix all the ingredients of first marination in a large bowl. Apply the mixture to the promfret, rub well and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Take a bowl whisk curd, add all the remaining ingredients in the curd.
- Mix well apply the marination on the fish, coat well and keep the fish in the fridge for 1-2 hrs.
- Roast the fish in the electric tandoor for 3-4 mins or grill it in the oven for 15-20 mins. Keep basting with butter in between.
- Cook till it is evenly cooked from both the sides.
- Remove from tandoor, serve hot with lemon wedges and onion rings.