Thursday 21 June 2012

Arbi Fry (Veg Fish Fry)

Surprised Na .........
How come I have put fish in veg category ??? There is a story behind it ...My mom cooked the same recipe when I was 8 years old.. She served it saying fish fry to me and my brother. We both liked it a lot, later we came to know that it was arbi instead of fish but till then it became one of our favourite dish.
Now after so many years whenever I cook this recipe at my place I call it as "Fish fry" ....I know its weird but  this recipe reminds me of my childhood days. I dedicate this recipe to my MOM ....I hope mom I made it in the same way like you used to do .....


Ingredients:
500 gm arbi (colocassia)
3 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp ajwain (thymol seeds)
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp mint powder
1/2 tbsp amchoor powder (dry mango powder)
Salt acc.to taste
Red chilly powder according to taste
Lemon juice


Method:

  • Boil arbi in pressure cooker. Give two whistles and then keep it on low flame for 5-10 mins.
  • Remove from fire. Discard the water.
  • Peel it and keep it aside.
  • Now take a Non-stick pan, heat oil. Press arbi slightly with your  palm and shallow fry it till golden brown. Take out the arbi on the absorbent paper.
  • In the same pan, add oil (if required).
  • Add ajwain, cook for 5-6 mins.
  • Add all the dry masala except amchoor and mint powder. Mix well.
  • Put fried arbi in the pan and mix slowly ( be careful while turning the arbi).






  • Cook for 7-8 mins. Add amchoor and mint powder.
  • Remove from fire. Sprinkle lemon juice on the top before serving.
  • Serve hot with onion slices.




1 comment:

Shruti Dhingra Wahi said...

Hehehe !!! Thank you Kanan :-)