- 1 cup thin poha (flaked rice)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas or fresh boiled peas
- 1 large onion ( thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- Few curry leaves
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- Salt acc.to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 lemon juice
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Put poha in a strainer and wash it under running water for few seconds till it gets soaked. Do not soak too much. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in kadai. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves, when they splutter. Add onions. Cook till they become pink brown.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt.
- Add peanuts, peas and green chilies. Cook for 1-2 mins.
- Now add flaked rice. Mix well.
- Keep stirring but be careful so that the grains remain separate and unbroken.
- Sprinkle lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy with tea or coffee :-)