Chinese food is one of the favourite cuisines now a days ........Fried rice, noodles, chili chicken, chili paneer and momos have become kids favourite..
Made egg fried rice last night with chili chicken. Chili chicken recipe I posted earlier so today posting recipe of EGG FRIED RICE......Ingredients:
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups of finely chopped veggies (Carrot, beans, capsicum, cabbage, spring onion, onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped Spring onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Ginger
- 1/4 tbsp pepper powder
- Salt acc.to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Cook rice in 4 cups of water in a heavy bottomed pan. Once half-cooked remove from fire.
- Drain and spread them on a large plate or a tray.
- Add a little oil in a pan, beat the eggs, pour them into the pan. When egg has set a little from one side, stir and scramble it. Remove from fire. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadhai, add chopped ginger-garlic. Saute for 5 seconds.
- Add onions and cook till they become golden pink in colour. Add chopped carrot, beans and fry them for 3-4 mins.
- Add Cabbage, Spring onions and capsicum and saute for 3-4 mins on high flame.
- Don't overcook the veggies, they should be crisp.
- Now add vinegar, soya sauce, tomato ketchup and chili sauce. Mix well.
- Slowly add cooked rice, black pepper powder and salt, mix well with light hands without breaking the rice.
- Sprinkle scrambled egg at the top. Remove from fire.
- Serve hot with your favorite gravy...........
Sending this recipe to Julie's Blog: